Teniendo en cuenta los implantes dentales? Hemos respondido a sus preguntas más comunes!
Si ha perdido o dañado los dientes, Es probable que haya estado escuchando mucho acerca de los implantes dentales últimamente. Esta tecnología de punta es una permanente, solución que puede remediar su sonrisa sin parciales o prótesis de aspecto natural. Los implantes dentales permiten a los pacientes para comer, hablar, y sonreír con confianza. Quiere saber más? Here we’ve answered some of the most common questions patients asked about dental implants.
1. What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a permanent, natural looking solution for those suffering from missing or severely damaged teeth. Made with titanium, a dental implant is a strong prosthetic tooth that fits securely and with total comfort.
2. How do dental implants work?
During surgery, dental implants are inserted into the gums, where the titanium implant will ultimately fuse with the jawbone. This allows the implant to have the same strength and durability as a natural tooth. Once the implant has healed, your titanium implant will be covered with a custom-made crown to ensure the device blends in with the surrounding teeth.
3. How does the process of getting an implant work?
- To get a dental implant, you will first have a consultation with your dentist, where he or she will determine if these devices are a good solution for you. If you have a chronic illness, structural issues in the jawbone, or use tobacco, dental implants may not be right for you. Once you’ve been cleared for the procedure, your dentist will work closely with you to create a treatment plan that works.
- During the surgical procedure, the dentist will use an anesthetic, so please notify your dentist if you have any issues with anesthesia. Entonces, he or she will insert the titanium implant into the gums.
- Once the site has healed and the implant has fused with the jawbone, you will return to have a customized crown placed over the implant. You may experience soreness or mild discomfort during the healing process, so your dentist may recommend over-the-counter pain medication at this time. Overall, the entire process should take anywhere from 6 a 12 weeks.
4. Will it be difficult to speak or eat with implants?
People often find that their damaged or decaying teeth cause structural issues, and therefore negatively impact their speech, chewing, or even facial appearance. Por lo tanto, when the tooth is replaced with a dental implant, most patients find that their speech and chewing actually improve as it restores any structural insufficiencies. Implants fit securely, so you won’t have to worry about them coming loose as you eat.
5. Will others be able to tell that I have a dental implant?
We customize the crown that covers your implant so that it blends seamlessly and beautifully with the surrounding teeth. Not only will your implant look natural, but replacing your damaged tooth will improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile.
6. Are dental implants difficult to take care of?
One of the biggest perks of getting dental implants is that they don’t require any special care or maintenance. Simply brush and floss regularly and practice good oral hygiene to ensure that your implants remain in good condition!
7. How long do implants last?
Dental implants have a 98% tasa de éxito. This means, with a healthy dental care regimen, you can expect your implants to last you for the rest of your life. They are intended to be permanent!
If you want to know if dental implants could work for you, call Valley Dental Care today to set up your consultation in our Aurora or Oswego offices. We’ll help to create a treatment plan that works for you.
los comentarios están cerrados.