Cosmetic Dentistry for Misaligned Teeth
Do you have crooked teeth? If so, you probably know how this problem can easily put a damper on your smile. But thanks to cosmetic dentistry, there are several types of procedures that are successful in correcting misaligned teeth. If you’ve stopped smiling because of your crooked teeth, consider what these cosmetic dental treatments have to offer, so you can determine the procedure that’s best for you.
Braces work by applying steady, gentle pressure on crooked teeth. Over time, your teeth are eventually moved into place without you feeling pain during the process. Fortunately, today’s braces are considerably lighter, besides smaller, than they were years ago. Keep in mind that:
- You can choose from several types of braces, such as tooth-colored ceramic ones that are not as obvious as standard metal braces.
- Standard braces are usually cheaper than other treatments for misaligned teeth, but they can take longer to produce results.
Invisalign is a cosmetic dental treatment that involves using plastic, transparent removable teeth aligners to squeeze teeth into their rightful position. Some considerations are those such as:
- It’s less noticeable than using traditional braces; the aligners are almost invisible.
- This treatment doesn’t involve as much time as using regular braces.
- On the other hand, it’s not the best option for everyone. You must have strong teeth and gums that are able to support these plastic braces.
- It can be more expensive than standard braces.
One of the best ways to correct misaligned teeth is by using porcelain veneers. Besides correcting fixing crooked teeth, a dentist also use them to correct chipped, fractured, stained or gaped teeth.
Your dentist places these ultra-thin porcelain shell-like materials on the surface of teeth that need correcting. As a result, your teeth look much better by improving the size, color, shape and length of them, giving your teeth a shinier, cleaner appearance. Some of their other benefits include:
- It only takes one or more appointments
- Porcelain veneers are considerably cheaper than having braces or Invisalign.
- Another perk is that you can see results in only a few weeks.
Because they’re constructed from porcelain, these veneers are exceptionally durable. In fact, they can last as long as two to three decades in many cases.
Tooth bonding is another method for fixing uneven teeth. Also known as composite bonding or cosmetic bonding, this cosmetic dental treatment is done by applying a composite resin filling on the exterior of the teeth that need to be straightened. Consider that:
- It’s quick and pain-free.
- This treatment is ideal for closing small gaps or reshaping teeth, as well as improving discolored teeth.
- No needles or anesthesia is needed as the procedure is considered minimally invasive.
- It can only take a single appointment.
- The results can last for a long time.
This treatment entails using various kinds of braces, in conjunction with minor oral surgery. A few considerations are:
- You may have to wear lingual braces for a short period, although results are much quicker than wearing traditional braces.
- While most people have to wear standard braces for two to three years, you only need to wear these braces for three to eight months.
- It can be painful, requiring having to go to the dentist for intensive tooth and gum re-contouring.
This cosmetic dental treatment entails your dentist scraping off some tooth enamel and placing a veneer or a type of bonding compound on the tooth. Laser or drills may be used for shaping and sculpting the sides of both the existing tooth, besides the new tooth. As a result, you have a beautiful smile. This procedure is not as expensive as other treatments that are done for correcting crooked teeth.
You don’t have to settle for unattractive, misaligned teeth. Call us today and learn more about what we have to offer. Our dental professionals provide quality treatments for all types of dentistry. In addition to cosmetic dentistry, we also do implant dentistry, restorative work and preventive dentistry. Our dentists and staff stay up-to-date on the latest dentistry trends and have a reputation for providing patients with quality care in a comfortable, friendly environment. Please contact us for all your dental needs.
Comments are closed.